Thursday, November 30, 2006

Half-Year Birthday and 6 Month Stats

Happy half-year birthday to me! My day was rather uneventful, until the evening when everyone came to our house for the cookie contest and diving for dollars. Dad's initial plan was for us to celebrate my "birthday" with a party and cake. He requested that mom find a birthday candle that read "1/2" but mom was unsuccessful. We figured that since I couldn't enjoy that cake anyway, just look at it that we would wait until I am one to have a party.

Dr. Hossalla weighed and measured me at my 6 month appointment and for the first time I was right on the money. I am 27 inches tall (90th%) and 16 pounds (55th%). This was quite a jump from my previous stats as I have consistently been in the 75th percentile for both measurements in the past. It is no surprise that I am tall and skinny though, just have a look at my parents. We all agreed that I am doing great and I am right on target developmentally.

As for my new diet, things are beginning to get interesting. Thus far, I have tasted sweet potatoes, carrots, peas and avocado. Carrots are by far my favorite, avocado is a close second and I really didn't mind peas at all. The only thing that I detest is rice cereal by itself and specifically the time when mom got lazy and tried to mix it with formula. I made nasty faces that pretty little girls should never have to make and proceeded to spit it out of my mouth as far across the room as it would go. Mom apologized of course, as she explained that the very thought of feeding me any amount of formula makes her sick to her stomach. Mom is trying very hard to instill good eating habits in me from the start so I have an all organic diet and she is making most of my baby food homemade. (She is vehemently anti-Gerber).

Jumping on the jumperoo, a new favorite activity.Aunt Priscilla told me that I have "cute little quads". Me and my Mom (She should really consider taking off the pearls before I accidentally break them)

Big carrot disaster. It sure is fun when mom lets me feed myself.

No comments: