Thursday, September 13, 2007

Growing up

So much has changed with me since my last "what's up with me" post. I am now 15 months old and the best word to describe me is very "busy."

The most significant change, at least in mom's eyes is that I am now down to one nap. Mom thought this reduction would occur at 18 months for sure, but I was ready. She also thought that the one nap would last for 3 hours and she was wrong again. We are lucky if I sleep for 2 hours, sometimes its 1.5 and others it's 2.5. On a positive note, I am now pretty tired at night time so my bedtime is now 7 pm once again. And, I am so tired from not taking a 3 hour nap that I sleep between 12 and 13 hours at night! It's funny how sleep is so important to parents and that I am constantly overhearing mom discuss the topic.


One of my favorite things in life is still food. I love to eat and will try anything and everything, refusing almost nothing. Dad mentioned yesterday at dinner that I am "eating them out of house and home" I especially love all fruits and vegetables, homemade pizza and anything spicy. I am in the 45th% for weight and still 70th for height, so don't worry ~ I'm not eating Too much.

My vocabulary is increasing daily. This week I added purple, trees, prayers and my pretty name ~ HALEY (pronounced Ha-eee) to my list of words which is now just under 50! in total.


I love being outside, swimming, sliding (mom just got me a really neat slide from craig's list) and playing with my friends. I definitely prefer playing with girls over boys.

Discipline has begun. I am typically a very good girl but become defiant at times. I certainly understand what mom and dad are telling me - please don't draw on the walls with your crayons, it's dangerous to climb on that so please get down, etc... Usually I listen and obey but sometimes I test them. Alas, discipline works and I am learning lessons.

I am a really happy girl and we are all truly blessed.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl. I checked your blog because it is a link from Priscilla Tallman's. My daughter, Laurie Stamas, also has a great blog -- Priscilla has a link to hers also. I have 11 grandchildren, ranging from 4 to 18. They are all PERFECT (even though my children probably weren't) :) Enjoy your little one. They grow so fast. I remember Rich when he was just a little guy - around 7 and now he is about to become a daddy. Life goes on. How wonderful. Barb Hansen

Anonymous said...

I love the dress! I can't believe how fast they grow...Keep up the good work Pachecos!
XOXO,

Kelly

Priscilla and Rich said...

Haley, you are getting so big! We cannot wait for you to meet your new cousin in January. Aunti Priscilla