Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Meet Big Red

I am now the very proud owner of a pet fish! He is a red betta and this picture was taken on our first night together just before I read him his first bedtime story. Days later, Daddy and I were taking a walk outside and some people approached us with their dog. I very proudly let them know that I have a pet fish and that I feed him "just a pinch." Ironically I had originally asked Daddy for a pet dog, and instead he bought me Big Red Fish.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That's too cute - we bought Madison two goldfish recently - after months of her feeding daddy's google fish every day. Madison named them both cinderella. Sadly, one cinderella died - but we told her it "got away." She loves to feed her fishy everynight!

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I thought about doing the same thing for Youssef but our years growing up with fish particularly that one Angelfish Angel that did odd flips and terrorized tiny guppies has permanently weirded me out. I think I'll stick to sea monkeys :) Great idea though! Lisa