It's just amazing how time flies when you are young. I am already six months old, but it may be hard to guess that as I could definitely pass for a small one year old. Actually, I am quite average, 70th percentile for height and 50th for weight. But, mom was recently comparing me to my little friend Betsy (who is one) and we look very similar. Remember all that bragging I did about sleeping through the night a few months ago? Not so much anymore. I started waking up to see mom/eat 1-2 times around 4 months old. Mostly I eat and fall back asleep but sometimes I don't - take last night, for example when I decided it would be fun to hang out with mommy from 12-2 am.
Which would be fine, except the pregnancy hormones that helped her wake up are long gone.
I've started really babbling and am just on the verge of saying mama, it has sounded like I've said it recently but its not quite time to write it down yet. I am all smiles all the time and if you really want to get me laughing just tickle me, pretend sneeze at me or just be generally silly. My favorite time of day is 7-8 pm. I thrive on lots of attention. I play peek a boo by covering up my face all by myself and even give high-5's on demand. I have a very sweet and feminine side and an instant later a rather feisty side - watch out because I will pinch you/grab your cheeks/pull your hair if you aren't paying attention to me.
I'm not the biggest fan of "food" still, having tasted rice cereal, avacado, carrots and sweet potatoes if you asked me my favorite I suppose it would be the avacado but really it's none of the above. Honestly, eating takes time and I am way too busy for it. Mom is lovingly making my food for me so that at least I don't have to deal with the yucky stuff in jars.
Everything goes in my mouth these days including my feet and we are still patiently waiting for my first tooth to emerge.
My favorite person is my mama and if you even think about holding me she had better be very close by.
No comments:
Post a Comment