What a week, I don't even know where to begin. It all began when Dad took the week off from work to spend time with me and Mommy. We have done so many fun things as a family this week including shopping trips, visiting my grandparents, playing at the park, shopping at Aunt Vanessa's store, etc... I am so fortunate that I have a Dad who can take a break from his job to spend time with me.
Today I decided that I would give Dad the best present I could think of by saying my first word. We had just finished dinner, (lasagna for them and homemade butternut squash for me) Mom and I were in my room changing my diaper, and then suddenly, I clearly said "da-da", almost like questioning Mom "where is he?" It turns out he wasn’t far away and he heard me loud and clear. Of course he rushed into the room to confirm what he had just heard so I continued to say his name over and over again, sometimes even three times in a row. I have always been a very vocal little girl, and have previously said "ma-ma" during a cry and a sort of "hi" or "hey" but we all three believe that this truly was my first word.
If that wasn’t enough it turns out that I am also getting my very first tooth! This Tuesday, Mom and Dad noticed that it was barely peeking out of my lower gums. I can’t wait until I can show off my first pearly white smile.
On a final note I wanted everyone to know that I recently was upgraded from coach to first class on my trips through the grocery store. Because I can sit up straight all by myself I am now allowed to sit in the grocery basket facing mommy. I even have a fancy seat cover to customize my ride.
This is the story of Haley Lynn, Sydney Grace, and Berkley Kathryn's lives as they know it. Check in often to watch them grow and hear their thoughts.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Tis The Season To Be Teething (and Talking)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment