I got to thinking about the blog and decided why not interject from time to time? Our sweet little girls are growing up right before our eyes. This picture really says it all, Haley is a sweet, sweet sister and Sydney loves her already. I am so blessed to have them as my children and raise them to love others and to know Christ. The power of prayer is just amazing, we prayed for our children and while God both gives and takes away He has been so gracious.Having two children definitely brings challenges, while at times its easier than I thought it would be. Joe is in school full-time earning his MBA in addition to work (hence the challenges part) and every day (and every night) is a new adventure.
I don't think I was prepared for the amount of crying Sydney would do. I refuse to believe that it is due to "second child" syndrome, since I am a middle child I already have plans to do everything in my power to divide my time and attention very equally. I think she has tummy trouble. And I think she is just as her horoscope reads from my previous post. She demands to stay on schedule but her schedule is ever changing at this delicate age. I cannot tell you how many times I have prayed that she is happy. I feel like I am a different mom to her though, I am more of an attachment-parenting mom with Sydney and at the same time I will not be rocking her to sleep every night as I did so long with Haley. This makes me a little sad because those evenings with Haley were some of my most cherished moments of the day. But, with two children and those who are to come (yes, we will be having more children, God willing) the sleep training needs to start earlier rather than later.
The first time I saw Haley after giving birth to Sydney she looked like she'd gained 10 pounds overnight. She continues to amaze me daily with the adorable things she says and does. She is a wonderful two year old, so my guess is that she will be "terrible" closer to three, but hopefully not at all. She is a quick learner and is so intelligent for her age.
That's it for now. Blessings to all of you who read our blog, we are glad you are here sharing in our joy.

5 comments:
i love your commentary on your girls:) btw rich is a taurus, he is stubborn beyond belief, but that same stubborness manifests as loyalty as well and rich is as loyal as they come. be blessed with your little angels, sometimes the parts of their character we find so hard to handle as babies are the same qualities that will make them into outstanding adults. can't wait to see you guys soon! aunt priscilla
It's so nice to watch my little sister grow up right before my eyes just as Haley and Sydney are! It seems like just yesterday that you were playing clarinet and smiling as you wore your Hot Dog on a Stick hat. I'm so proud of how far you've come and how brilliant your mothering skills have been. I can't wait to see where your journey will take you with these two precious angels and the wonderful husband you have in Joe-who I just saw today at Dell!
Love,
Lisa
Lisa
Heather! What a wonderful mother you are. I admire your strength and the way you and Joe have chosen to raise your daughters. They will no doubt become beautiful women some day, just like their mom.
So much of what you wrote was my experience from GC to Peaches. Now with my third it gets even stranger. Both my kids seemed to age and grow over the few nights I was in the hospital having their little brother. Each child needs to be treated as each child needs. There is no one system that applies perfectly to each child. Just enjoy them! You have beautiful girls!
Erika
Heather,
Thank you for this post. It was heartwarming to know your love and thoughts about your wonderful little girls. We're all in this "motherhood" thing together and it has its challenges....but its rewards are even better. Sydney was made for you by God because He knew you and Joe have what it takes to raise her! Keep trusting yourself. You're doing a great job....
kelly
Post a Comment